
"You're Beautiful" by James Blunt
My life is brilliant.
My life is brilliant.
My love is pure.
I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure.
After six years of running away, I finally got to meet her.
She was a girl with an enigmatic smile. The one who made my life meaningful. Yet caused so much pain.
We had been classmates together. She glided through our Math classroom one June afternoon. Never did I realize she would snatch my heart one day. We would walk together after class. She would tell her silly stories. I would tell mine.
She became my seatmate the following sem. And on a fateful November afternoon I saw her in a different light. There before my eyes I saw my destiny. She was the one.
She smiled at me on the subway.
She was with another man.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan.
But how can a goddess love a mortal? And so I took my time to prove my worth.
After college we worked in different companies. We would occasionally exchange emails. I did let her know about my feelings once but she was emotionally unavailable. She never knew how deep my feelings were.
I never lost hope. I was busy planning and building for our future. A year later, when I laid down my cards it was already too late. She was getting married.
You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.
I did not attend her wedding. I couldn’t bear to see my dream crumbling before my eyes. I ran away. I kept thinking that in time the pain would go away.
And so I stayed for years over the mountains.
Far from the city. Far from the pain. Far from reality.
Yeah, she caught my eye,
As we walked on by.
She could see from my face that I was,
Flying high,
And I don't think that I'll see her again,
But we shared a moment that will last till the end.
And slowly she became a remnant of the past- a past that has slowly drifted away.
Occasionally she would surface in my dreams, in my intoxication, in my solitude.
I moved back to the city after three years. It took another three years before I got news about her.
I had to see her if only to close a chapter and move on.
As fate would have it. I got to meet her at the same place where I had seen her last.
You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.
She’s still beautiful. It all made sense why I fell in love all those years.
But now it’s time to move on.
And though painful …….the truth is liberating.
You're beautiful, it's true.
There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
When she thought up that I should be with you.
But it's time to face the truth,
I will never be with you.
2 comments:
Thanks Roge!
I'm glad that my story has somehow changed your perspective.
Love indeed is worth all the risks... =)
Thanks Roge!
I'm glad that my story has somehow changed your perspective.
Love indeed is worth all the risks... =)
Post a Comment