Thursday, March 04, 2010

A glimpse

I am a bit contemplative right now. Or maybe just nostalgic. I miss Kalsangi. The place that had been my refuge when I ran away from Manila. For two years I have stayed there. It had been my sanctum in the raging storms of life.

I came there with a lot of questions. Not all questions have been answered though. But I guess in life we don’t force to seek out the answers that remain elusive. We must learn to live with the questions and be glad for the ones that have been answered.

I miss the lad that I was when I first came there. Bright-eyed and bushy tailed, it seemed I had a game plan of how I would craft the future.

But honestly now I am not so sure.

Have I deviated from plans that I’ve held close to my heart when I left the place?

I would like to believe I found closure when I went there. I would like to believe that time had healed the wounds. I would like to believe that I have embraced the pain of the past.

And yet there is something about that place that makes me yearn to go back and rediscover the journey that I took.

I miss the person that I was ten years ago.

No comments: