I realized that it had been a whole year since I posted in this blog. Clearly a far cry from the output I've had a few years back. Clearly I was on a roll. I got to admit that something changed in me when I moved out of Antipolo after my stint in Wrigley's.
I don't think that it had to do with the location because the place I had in Paranaque was actually conducive to writing. Is it probably because the emotions I used to tap when I was in Mindanao was no longer there? Maybe I have moved on from the heartache that brought me there in the first place. Or perhaps - and here's the scary part - I have grown numb over time. I would like to believe that the "genius" that once was there, never actually was from within but as a form of entity that appears when "it" wanted to inspire. I got this idea from a TED talk by Liz Gilbert, author of Eat, Pray Love.
She proposed that though the genius may no longer be there, a writer should still do his part and "show up" and be praised for it nonetheless.
So here I am showing up. Muse, please do your end of the bargain.

1 comment:
:-)
Post a Comment