Sunday, August 14, 2005

De Puta Madre !


My week was a blast! I received a handful of unexpected yet very much welcomed emails from my friends all over the cyberspace. I got an excellent rating in my weekend Spanish class oral exams. I finally got to finish Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and the Season 5 of CSI Vegas. And I finally got 3 consecutive strikes (no easy feat considering I came from dismal scores below 100) in our company bowling tournament – thereby entitling me for a free half-chicken.


For the lack of a more potent description I should say my week was “DE PUTA MADRE!”

Okay, okay before you squirm let me tell you that this phrase is tame, albeit vulgar-sounding. “De puta madre” according to my Spanish professor in context means “Superb!, Marvelous! or Fantastic! It’s synonymous yet more attention-grabbing than “Estupendo”

Just don’t forget to include “De”. Otherwise what you would be saying would literally mean “mother wh*re”

So the next time somebody asks you how things are on a terrific day, say it with chutzpah, “De puta madre !”

No comments: