
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
A few Fridays ago, I did something for the first time with my 3 lady friends. And what a first time it was! Menage-a-quatre makeover.
What started as a tame game of trumps with Jen, Shane and Cecille ended up with a ludicrous wager. It was all seemingly innocuous at first
If I win, I get to have a free dinner at my place of choice.
If I lose, they get to mess up with my hair and my entire outfit.
Definitely a no-brainer. Sure I’ve got something to lose, but my guts were saying it was going to be an easy win.
How was I to know the outcome would be the opposite? To make the story short, I lost and the girls were pleased to give the punishment.
I could have taken the easy way out, kneel down, cry like a baby and ask for a different penalty. But ego can be a bad thing so like a true gentleman, I had to stick to the agreement (despite the apprehension and almost wetting my pants).
So come next Friday night, I became the unwitting star –nah more like the hapless victim- of my eager friends. (Eager is probably tame, they were more like drooling like a pack of velociraptors before the kill). I somehow suspect they are dying to stage their own version of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Being a staunch advocate of science I knew the value of experimentation, but it didn’t assuage my fear knowing I was the guinea pig in their makeover experiment.
A P400 haircut, 2 grams of Hair Clay, 3 trips to the fitting room, gazillion deafening heartbeats and tons of perspiration later I became their finished work of art. I must admit from the before and after shots the transformation was well…uh…noticeable.

I was initially hesitant with the new me, but judging from the reactions of my officemates, classmates, and friends, number of profile views, and some proposals bordering on indecency, I could say I now have high regard for women’s intuition and taste.
Losing a bet actually never felt this great!
Hey Jen, Cess, Shane anytime you want to makeover my unit, dinner’s on me. Hehehe. Cheers!
1 comment:
you see jodl, i have the gift of seeing beyond the visible and you just happen to be potential waiting to be exploited. ;) i believe in giving people a leg up. plus the free sushi dinner was well worth the aching feet. hehe. oh, and of course there was the extra bonus of being with a guapo guy for two friday nights in a row. mwehehe. our expedition was so much fun don't you think?! my fingers are itching to ransack your closet, game! let's toss in stargazing, barbecue and hanging out with the rest of the royal court. :D
Post a Comment