Boracay didn’t disappoint me. I just stood in awe at the white sand that seemed to stretch endlessly. It was truly a spectacle to behold and the next thing I knew I was lying down on the sand feeling being one with nature.
But the island was so touristy. Lots of people were walking by and somehow it spoiled my commune with nature. I’m a people person but there are times when I wish I were just alone to contemplate in silence. The beach and the flock of people somehow just didn’t jibe together.
I had a good time contemplating. At those precious moments of silence I feel that the past and the future melt away and the only thing that mattered was being.
But the island was so touristy. Lots of people were walking by and somehow it spoiled my commune with nature. I’m a people person but there are times when I wish I were just alone to contemplate in silence. The beach and the flock of people somehow just didn’t jibe together.
I had a good time contemplating. At those precious moments of silence I feel that the past and the future melt away and the only thing that mattered was being.
My still-elusive dream of building a house beside the sea came back to haunt me. I felt sad that for the past few years I have deviated from my long-term goal. Maybe I got so myopic and became part of the rat race in the metropolis. Sigh..
I never really had the chance to enjoy the night on the island as my tummy ached. Good thing my bro brought loperamide tablets. I would have wanted to check out the best shakes that Aimee recommended or pass by Cocomanga’s with famed row of drinks good to make the next 3 days of your life hell as my sensei claimed. Instead I spent the night lying on the bed with frequent trips to the CR.
We left the island around 9 am. I felt that one night in Boracay was too short (and too lousy considering the stomach upset) but in my mind I knew I would surely get back again.
As the boat was leaving the Boracay port I received a call from Lester. We discussed mostly work but I took time to gush in the highlights of the tour so far. It felt surreal hearing his voice on the other end. Manila which has somehow faded in the deep recesses of my mind suddenly jutted unto my consciousness. I once again had to grapple with the coexistence of two contrasting worlds.
We went on our way. Dark swirls of clouds gathered from the distance and the seas were rough, we barely had time to pause and take good shots. We had to stop twice because of the downpour.
I never really had the chance to enjoy the night on the island as my tummy ached. Good thing my bro brought loperamide tablets. I would have wanted to check out the best shakes that Aimee recommended or pass by Cocomanga’s with famed row of drinks good to make the next 3 days of your life hell as my sensei claimed. Instead I spent the night lying on the bed with frequent trips to the CR.
We left the island around 9 am. I felt that one night in Boracay was too short (and too lousy considering the stomach upset) but in my mind I knew I would surely get back again.
As the boat was leaving the Boracay port I received a call from Lester. We discussed mostly work but I took time to gush in the highlights of the tour so far. It felt surreal hearing his voice on the other end. Manila which has somehow faded in the deep recesses of my mind suddenly jutted unto my consciousness. I once again had to grapple with the coexistence of two contrasting worlds.
We went on our way. Dark swirls of clouds gathered from the distance and the seas were rough, we barely had time to pause and take good shots. We had to stop twice because of the downpour.
One of my biggest regret was not being able to get a picture of a creepy house somewhere between Tangalan and Makato. The house loomed ominously amidst gnarly acacia trees. Defiant, it had withstood the wrath of time. Even from a distance I felt a chilly presence that lurked behind its grey walls.
If I were a horror movie writer I would explore the plot of motorcycle riders forced to set camp in an abandoned town without electricity. Unbeknownst to them the place is aswang-infested. And the action would happen at nighttime. There will be chase scenes ala-Blair witch project on a motorcycle. One by one the travelers would meet their doom as they fight to stay alive until daylight. Of course the protagonists would have to make it. That would be me and my bro. And the shooting location would be the house I just saw.
However at that time, a different horror story was unfolding. It involved my stomach and two tablets of Immodium I took that morning. The rumbling I heard inside indicated that the tablets might not have been effective at all. We had to reach Kalibo fast. Or else….
No comments:
Post a Comment