Sunday, January 15, 2006

Goodbye Wrigley



Sigh….

Life indeed is a journey.

Last Friday, I capped off a one-and-a-half-year journey in Wrigley. Though short-lived it has been a wonderful and meaningful detour. ( BTW, It was a Friday the 13th hmmm, it seems that significant moments of my life happen on this day)

I have accepted an exciting offer from my previous company, GE, to take on an expanded role of Environment Health and Safety Manager for 3 locations plus of course the role of a Six Sigma Black Belt

Most of my Wrigley colleagues were still in shock and in denial about my decision. I told them that it had been a tough and painful decision. I too was overwhelmed by the turn of events.

Looking back I could cite at least 2 reasons why I passed by Wrigley. One, maybe God wanted me to be an instrument to link two souls together. I’ve set up a blind date for a Wrigley colleague and a close friend from DPS. The two are now very much in love with each other.

Another, maybe He wanted me to meet two souls who would remind me of an unclosed chapter of my life. I’ve met 2 persons who were former officemates of ‘supposedly THE ONE’. It led me eventually to have my long due closure

At any rate, “Consummatum est”, the journey has come to an end and it’s time for me to move on.

The lines from a song by Jose Mari Chan come to my mind…


We’re on the road.

We move from place to place.

And oftentimes when we’re

About to call it home

We’ve had to move along

Life is a constant change

And nothing stays the same

Oh no…

No comments: