Sunday, January 22, 2006

You're Dah Man, Pac Man !!!!!

Last night I found myself clutching the rosary uttering the Apostles Creed, Our Father and the 53 Hail Mary’s in Espanol (one way I practice Spanish ).

Pray the rosary, I rarely do, unless there’s something I really wanted to ask- like the release of Angelo Dela Cruz.

Last night I was restless and desperate; I baaaaadly wanted Manny Pacquiao to win the fight against Morales. I have never salivated like a hungry wolf over a victory before- well not since the Onyok Velasco Olympic fight.

This just wasn’t Manny’s fight. It was the fight of the Philippines. The hope of the entire nation lay on his hands literally.

In these times of uncertainty, of despair, of endless political bickering, we badly need an inspiration. We need a hero to remind us that we are indeed lucky to be Filipinos.

There was no other way. Manny has got to win. ( I actually received a joke text message that the 4 Magdalo members who got out just wanted to watch the Pacman fight and promised to return on Monday-hehe cute joke.)

Sunday morning, I was glued to the TV watching the much-awaited fight. Wanting to savor the excitement, I texted my 2 supervisors who were watching in SM Cinema not to text the outcome of the results.

However while round 2 was still going on TV, I received a message from a former student

GJ : “ Sir, alam ko na result ng laban =( “

The “=(“. led me to thinking,… My God . Was it a loss? I pleaded to God that it wasn’t true. Please please, the Philippines badly needed this win.

Damn I didn’t know I was that desperate, I actually negotiated that if He would let Pacquiao win, I would not just be a good boy, I will be a very very very good boy. ( Sa amin na lang ni Lord, kung anong mga pinangako ko hehehe)

If the battle was indeed a loss, I would have to know that very moment. So I googled “Pacquiao” and there it was, the announcement “ Pacquiao beats Morales”.

It turned out the “=( “ actually was to express disappointment by GJ for knowing the results already.

At any rate I didn’t care if I knew the result already while round 2 was still going on.

Pacquiao did it ! We made it ! The Philippines did it !

YEBA !!!!!!!! YEBA !!!!!! YEBA!!!!!

Damn, I have never been so proud to be a Filipino…

To Manny the PacMan… You’re the MAN!!!!

Thank you. Merci Gracias. Salamat ! for making us proud!

Kahit mali mali English mo, I don’t give a damn, I have elevated you to idol status along with Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton, Jose Rizal, Agatha Christie, Pope John Paul 2, J.K. Rowling, James Bond and Angus MacGyver.

I am so ecstatic I will actually treat my friends for a beer drinking session to celebrate your victory. (well kung ilan kakasya sa apartment)

Damn I am so happy I will buy your album instead of Ultraelectromagneticjam (didn’t know till today that you’re a recording artist).

I will give up being Kapuso temporarily if only to watch you in the Kapamilya network

I will totally support you, I will buy all the products you endorse.

I will stock supplies of Alaxan kahit wala akong body pains.

I will pakyaw Darlington socks kahit baduy commercial niyo.

I will wash my clothes and scrub my toilet with Surf powder – hell, even wash my face with it.

I will wear No Fear Underwear even though I may not have the balls for it.

(Just make sure you don’t endorse Bambini, Pau Liniment or Likas Papaya when you come back, ok?)

I will consume my entire load if you become a Big Brother housemate.

I will erect a statue for you when I become rich someday.

I will name my first child after you, kahit babae… (okay, okay will somebody whack me please)

Manny, Maraming maraming salamat !

2 comments:

seasons of mists said...

hi jodl! once again you have made my day! i just didn't have time to post yesterday but just to let you know i was laughing out loud the whole time i was reading your entries, good thing no one was home to witness my lunacy. :D hee hee. we we're watching a replay of the pacquiao bout last night and i couldn't help telling my family about what you wrote, they were likewise amused. :D we're planning a royal court dinner this weekend here in my house, hope you can come and regale us with more of your thoughts. will text you the final plans. oh, btw, cecille also read 'response to message in a bottle' and tuwa rin siya. clap, clap. :)

Jodl said...

Hi Jen ! Thanks for dropping by and for your kind words. Glad to know I was able to make your day. Sure might be able to pass by for the coffee and chocolate part of the royal court gathering. See you all . Cheers !